Revised roasted Brussels sprouts:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts, trim off the root ends, and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Put them in a large mixing bowl and drizzle lightly with olive oil. You conscience should dictate the amounts, but you can get by with less than a teaspoon for a pound of sprouts. Mix well to coat them with oil. Sprinkle with coarse salt (I like Maldon) and toss again to mix.
- Put on a baking sheet cut side down. (I line it with foil to make it easier to clean, but they will caramelize better if you don't. Spray the sheet or foil with oil spray if you would like.)
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until tender. Broil for a few minutes if you would like , but be careful not to burn.
- Serve plain or season. They are very nice drizzle with a garlic or lemon infused olive oil. Or, do as I did above, and drizzle with plain olive oil, and toss with salt, sumac, zaatar and toasted sesame seeds.