- 1 bunch salad turnips (the size bunch we got serves two, and had 5 turnips)
- 1-2 teaspoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Separate the turnips from their greens and cut off the coarser stems. Trim each turnip and cut into 6-8 wedges, but there is no need to peel them. Wash the greens well, by swishing them in a large bowl of water. Change the water several times if necessary until all the sand is gone. Shred the greens into 1/2 inch ribbons.
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet with a cover.
- Add turnips and saute on medium-high heat until light brown, tossing occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, and put the greens on top of the turnips. Cover and steam on medium heat for 5 minutes.
That's it! Even Amy like them, and she is usually turnip averse.