Anyway, after Kol Nidre we had one chicken leg and thigh and a LOT of vegetables/sauce left. There wasn't enough for dinner for more than one, so we made a soup, and it was great and very easy. Here is how:
- Degrease the leftovers to the extent that you can.
- Scrape all the vegetables, sauce and jellied juices into a pot.
- Add an equal amount of water and bring to the boil. Salt well (but taste!). Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Skin bone and shred whatever chicken is left and simmer about 5 minutes more to warm through. Taste for salt again.
- That's it, and you won't believe how good it is.
If no one in the house is low-carbing it, you can add a small handful of ditalini pasta or arborio rice. It will make it a lot thicker and more substantial.