Friday, July 31, 2009

About my blog

My daughter (Maya, 21) who happily responds to "Yes, boss" when we answer her cellphone calls, asked (directed?) me to start this blog. She said that all of her friends were very interested in what I had to say about food, and that they would all follow it. This strikes me as unfairly pushing too many of my buttons, and who was I to say "no." I tried to object that I am between jobs and looking for employment, and that potential employers have a habit of checking on things like this, she said "But it's just about food, there won't be anything objectionable in it, and people will read it, or at least my friends will. Besides, you have a LOT of time on your hands " This was too much flattery, so I thought I would give it a try.

Most of my posts will be about food, and from time to time I will explain where I am in my culinary journeys. Since food and eating are central to life, I will of necessity have to touch on many other issues. Also, since Maya's friends seem to be a prime audience, I will explain things with which many of you may already be familiar. I know that my time could be better spent blogging about politics, the economy, the state of philanthropy and the nonprofit sector, the future of progressive traditional Judaism, etc. I ask any potential employers who come upon this to take what is here with a grain of (Maldon sea) salt, and everyone else to enjoy themselves.

1 comment:

  1. Alan, I love it! Hats off to Maya for a brilliant idea - and to you for brilliant execution. It's the next best thing to having you in Montreal!

    ReplyDelete