Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Some recipe updates and improvements

I haven't been updating this blog to frequently since the summer.  There are a few reasons for this.  Work has been busier.  We have early empty-nester syndrome, which means that we do a lot of things (meditation programs, salsa lessons, Jewish text classes, Talmud study and occasional concerts and movies, to name a few). All of means that although I still cook alot, I tend to repeat old favorites from cookbooks and  online, including this blog, and haven't been experimenting with and testing new recipes as much as I used to.  The new recipes will come, though it may take a while. I had been toodling around with a Southern-Indian style watermelon peel recipe, and then watermelons went out of season. 

Meanwhile, experience and feedback from some readers has led me to modify some of the recipes in this blog.  On reader pointed out the ambiguity in language in the Yemenite Beef and Potato Stew recipe so I fixed that so that it is clear that it is prepared without adding water.  I changed the recipe for Teiglach to add a variation that was very popular with our guests on Rosh Hashanah -- with pistachios and dried cherries, and if my father's family (The Pruzhane Short People's Benevolent Association) is very lucky, I will make it for them this way at next week's Hanukkah party. 

And, speaking of Hanukkah, I modified the my recipe for Potato Latkes to indicate that I prefer them with less onion than some, and that you should add additional onion if you want a really onion-y latke.  You absolutely must try these latkes however, with whatever amount of onion you prefer.

That is all for now, more to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment